Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Record a Day #22- Cruel Hand “Lock & Key” (2010)

*I know this isn’t a demo, but I’ve been waiting for this album to come out for months




Track Listing:
1. Lock & Key
2. Cruel Hand
3. Day or Darkness
4. Broken Glass
5. Labyrinth
6. One Cold Face
7. Rotations of Hurt
8. Dismissed
9. Two Fold
10. The Bottom





Mark Rooster gets all the credit for introducing me to Maine’s Cruel Hand. I’ve liked them since the first time I heard “Without a Pulse” last summer, and they were fantastic at the Black ‘n Blue Bowl this year.

From start to finish “Lock & Key” is a very good album. I’ve listened to it a bunch of times since I got it yesterday, and each time I like it more and more. The songs are all straight up aggressive with killer guitar riffs, and well written lyrics. You can feel the metal influence throughout the album. “Labyrinth” is one of the songs that really sticks out for me. It’s well written like the rest of the songs, but the breakdown is amazing. “Two Fold” is another amazing track. I could keep gushing about this album, but that’ll get boring for you guys. Suffice it to say that this album is extremely good, and well worth listening to. I highly recommend getting your hands on it and giving it a listen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers