Saturday, July 3, 2010

Record a Day #8- Face the Enemy "Through It All" (2002)

Track Listing:
1. Broken Dreams
2. Not a Chance
3. Through It All
4. Substitute

I'll admit that I had no clue who Face the Enemy was when I bought this EP on my trip to Double Decker Records a few months ago (mentioned previously). I've since learned a little bit and know that it's another of Tim McMahon's bands (along with Hands Tied, Mouthpiece, and Triple Threat). I know they aren't a local band or even a PA band, but all four of the Tim McMahon's bands are the reason that I mentioned I'd include Jersey bands too.

The four tracks whiz by in a fury of straight edge youth crew sound. All the tracks are well written, both lyrically and musically. The breakdown that starts 30 seconds before the end of "Not a Chance" is awesome and every time I've listened to the album has gotten my head bobbing and toes tapping. "Substitute" is by far my favorite of the four tracks. It's fast aggressive and doesn't pull any punches. I definitely recommend picking this up. It's the perfect length to listen to on quick trip (I literally mean quick, since it's barely 7 minutes long)

Check out Tim McMahon's blog (http://doublecrosswebzine.blogspot.com/). It's a good read, thanks to Mark for showing it to me.

1 comment:

  1. I used to listen to that EP all the time on my way to and from my terrible night job at Giant. Between driving to and from there, and on my breaks, when I'd drive down the street to my apartment, I listened to this EP about four times a night. Definitely a great band.

    ReplyDelete

Followers