Thursday, July 15, 2010

Record a Day #12- Conqueror "Conqueror" (2009)

*This was started yesterday (Wednesday 7/14) and finished and posted today, first paragraph is from yesterday.
Track Listing:
1. Hate Your Guts
2. Breaking Free
3. Meet Your Maker
4. Right From Wrong
5. Without Warning






I was in a reasonably shitty mood today when I woke up, so I decided that I wanted to listen to something really damn aggressive. I went over to my favorite blog for finding music to listen to Brothers in Crime , and that’s where I found Conqueror. I took a peak at their myspace page, and the few seconds of them I heard there fit the bill. I know I’m stepping out of my own guidelines of sticking with PA and NJ bands since these guys are from Mass. but really, is it that big a deal?

Before I go any further, I have to let you guys know that the quality of the download was atrocious. It’s hard to really explain, but “Breaking Free” would play for about 10 seconds, then loop back to the beginning. “Meet Your Maker” would skip. It drove me up a wall. All of that aside, this is a good listen, but if you’re going to listen to it, order it. In my opinion “Hate Your Guts” is the best track. It’s pretty short, but starts off kind of fast, then slows down for stomping around, then picks up again into an aggressive assault, all in a minute and a half. The rest of the songs are decent, but none of them really have stuck with me the way that “Hate Your Guts” has.

I’m going to attempt to do another “Record a Day” today because I’ve been lazy and haven’t kept up with it, so keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers