Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Record a Day #10- The Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza "Bats on the Dancefloor" (1998)

Track Listing:
1. 13
2. Homicidal
3. Blunker
4. Pull Over
5. Stab
6. Old Girl Friend
7. Way Down South
8. Lobsterboy
9. Big Red Van
10. Whatever
11. Fucking Pussies








I have to admit that the first time I put this on to listen to, I shut it off. I was in the mood to listen to hardcore, and the very first thought that popped into my head was that this is metal not hardcore. Obviously, I've given it more of a chance since I'm writing about it. It's grown on me slightly. The songs are all relatively short. They all feel like they have more of a metal influence than a hardcore influence. It's not something that I will probably listen to very often (I'll give their other albums a listen). It's a heavier album then I usually listen to, which is why it won't be going on my ipod. Nothing really jumps out and strikes me as memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers