Thursday, July 22, 2010

Record a Day #20- Alpha & Omega “Demo 2007” (2007)



Track Listing:
1. Burned
2. Devil’s Bed
3. Brick by Brick













I’ve seen Los Angeles’ Alpha & Omega’s name on a couple of larger show flyers, but up until now I’d never actually heard them. I found their demo online, and was eager to give it a listen. I checked out their Myspace page, and they list a couple of bands that I like as their influences (Cro-Mags, Integrity, and Stigmata), and they list a couple of bands that I’m on the fence about (All Out War and Leeway).

The production quality is excellent. I’m seeing that as a trend with the newer demos. Musically, I think the demo is very good. The guitar work is fantastic, and the drums are insane. All three songs got my toes tapping from a musical perspective, but vocally I don’t really see the big deal. There’s a slight echo behind all of the lead vocals that I find pretty god damn annoying. When the backup vocals come in (on Devil’s Bed for example), they don’t have that silly echo, and they sound better than the lead vocals. It’s been a while since I’ve listened to something that I haven’t completely enjoyed, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. It’s not bad, I just don’t care for it. Vocally it sounds generic, but musically it’s good.

If you listen to these guys, and like them let me know. I’d enjoy hearing other’s opinions. Catch you tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers