Monday, July 19, 2010

Record a Day #17- Absolute Madness "Demo 2009" (2009)

Track Listing:
1. The Departed
2. Last Stand
3. Poser Disposer
4. Absolute Moshness






Guess where I found these guys? Brothers in Crime is becoming an addiction to me. Absolute Madness is from California, and unlike Mind Piece, they have a good myspace page. I was able to find out that these guys were all in other bands, and one that I actually heard of and like, Carry On. That little bit of info sealed the deal for me. So today, I’m abandoning the East Coast and heading West.

Once again, I’m impressed with the quality of this demo. They really put effort into putting out a good example of their music, instead of just throwing something together. The music is very thrashy, yet the vocals are similar to the style of some of the other California hardcore bands that I’ve heard. “Poser Disposer” is by far my favorite song on this demo. The lyrics are a little campy, but they talk about the one thing that drives me the most nuts at shows, the kids (I’m using that term loosely) that think the point of dancing is to hit as many people as possible.

If you’re compiling a list of the bands I’ve recommended listening to (I’m not expecting you to), this is one that should definitely be added to the list. Their myspace page encourages download of their demo, which you can get here, and I strongly urge you to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers