Friday, July 2, 2010

Record a Day #7- My Turn to Win "Weight of the World" (2008)

Track Listing:
1. You Can't Swim in Leather Pants
2. Invisible Man
3. Hard Luck
4. Far Out
5. Hear Me Now
6. Schrute Bucks
7. Tits Rule
8. Best Goalie Ever
9. Enough is Enough
10. A Man on a Train With No Answers
11. 20/20
12. I'll Stick Around
13. Me Vs. the World

I figured I would bet a jump on things and actually review a bands album before I saw them instead of waiting till afterwards. Since I'm seeing My Turn to Win tonight at the Burner's, I figured today would be the day that I review their album "Weight of the World".

I thoroughly enjoy this album. My Turn to Win is definitely a heavier hardcore band, but it works better than some other bands that I've listened to. The vocals are aggressive, but understandable. The drums are balls to the walls, and the guitar and bass lines are driving. Every song sounds like it was written with moshing in mind. The album flows nicely, never letting of the gas pedal. I've listened to this about 8 times, and love it more each time. Definitely get your hands on it.

Come see them tonight at St. Bernard's (The Burner's) in south Bethlehem. It's a killer line-up and guaranteed to be a great fucking show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers