Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Record a Day #19- Reign Supreme “Fuck the Weak” (2007)

Track Listing:
1. Failure
2. Crushed By The Weight
3. In Vain
4. False Prophets







Reign Supreme isn’t a band that I found because of Brothers In Crime. I actually heard of them by accident. Mark, his brother Jim, and I went to the Cro-Mags show at The Church in Philly, and we bumped into Clint from Reign Supreme who they both knew in high school. To say that I haven’t listened to their music since then would be a lie, but since I’m covering demo’s I thought it would be good to get this in at some point, ie. now ( I know it’s considered an EP, but it’s their first release, so I’m counting it).


I really like this EP, and have since the very first time I listened to it back in December. The music is very heavy, and the vocals fit perfectly. The production quality is excellent. The songs are well written, both musically and lyrically. It’s hard for me to pick one song as my favorite, because I enjoy them all. “Failure” and “False Prophets” are the two best in my opinion, and they are both on their newest release, 2009’s “Testing the Limits of Infinite”.

If you aren’t familiar with them, I definitely recommend checking them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers