Friday, July 16, 2010

Record a Day #14- NJ Bloodline "Demo 1993" (1993)

Track Listing:
1. The Matter at Hand
2. Dishonest Life
3. Vindictive Nature
4. Out of Place
5. Survival




NJ Bloodline is a band that I found out about on one of my first trips to the Brothers In Crime Blog, and the two albums I heard by them I enjoyed. So for today’s Record a Day segment, I decided to stick with my “Demo” theme and give their’s a listen.

The quality of the recording is pretty shitty, but what can I really expect from a 17 year old demo? Without a doubt, this is definitely Chug-a-chug hardcore, and to me that’s not a bad thing. I enjoy this style just as much as some of the others. Every song as a slow moshing part, and that’s a-o-k with me. Musically it’s nothing exceptional, and lyrically (especially at some points in Vindictive nature) it is a little campy at times. I enjoy it though, not as much as the two newer records I’ve heard of theirs (which will be on here at some point), but this is definitely worth the listen, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers