Monday, July 5, 2010

Record a Day #9 - Unlearn "Demo 2010" (2010)

Track Listing:
1. Intro/Unlearn
2. Death's Head Revisited
3. Snakeoil
4. Revenge

I'm really glad that after the show Nick (aka Snackman, lead vox) strongly urged me to buy this demo. As soon as I listened to it for the first time, I told Mark how much I enjoyed it. He asked to borrow it, and since he technically paid for it, I gave it to him, so hopefully he'll chime in about it.

To say that the songs have a positive vibe would be not even close to true. All 4 tracks share the theme that authority figures feed us shit constantly and we need to think for ourselves and do something about it. There was definitely thought put into all the lyrics, and the music reinforces the aggressiveness of them. There are whiny guitar lines throughout that are well place, and Chaos executes them well. The quality of the production is amazing. I definitely recommend seeing them live and picking up the demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers