Thursday, July 15, 2010

Record a Day #13- Animal Haus "Demo" (2010)

Track Listing:
1. Brother of Mine
2. The Dope
3. Mickey Dufrasne
4. Irish Lung
5. The Ballad of the Wolf






*photo courtesy of Kate Frese Photography

Alright guys, like I said when I did the write up of the No Redeeming Social Value show, here’s the write up on Animal Haus’ demo.

I was absolutely right in my assessment that they have a very Dropkick Murphy’s like style. From what I hear on this demo though, they aren’t just a knock off band. They do have their own style. “The Dope” is without a doubt a hardcore song, and it’s fantastic. Don’t misinterpret that as me saying “The Dope is a hardcore song, so it’s the only one worth listening to”. If that’s what I was saying that would be completely ignorant because all of the songs are fucking great. The only issue I have is that “Mickey Dufrasne” and “Irish Lung” are both about 30 seconds too long. They are great, well written songs, but they loop the chorus a few too many times.

I plan on seeing Animal Haus again, and as soon as I hear something about a show they’re playing I’ll let you guys know, because you need to see them, and you need this demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers