Thursday, June 17, 2010

First Post

I'm relatively new to the hardcore scene. I've listened to bands like Agnostic Front and H2O, as well as classic punk bands like The Ramones and the Sex Pistols for years, but it wasn't until the last few years that I became completely immersed in the music itself. Now bands that I've listened to for years and years have slowly started falling off of my radar, to be replaced by hardcore bands (ie. Wisdom in Chains) that I just can't stop listening to. There's something about the aggressiveness and the passion that comes through that draws me to hardcore like a moth to flame.

I've decided to start this blog, focusing on the local hardcore scene here in Lehigh Valley, PA as well as my thoughts on shows that I go to and CD's that I'm listening to. I'm going to pick the brains of my friends for ideas and information, so I'm going to give them a thanks in advance for their help and not stomping me for being a pain in the ass. I'm sure every now and then non-hardcore related music will slip in here, because even though it's rare, I do listen to other things. I'm going to try and do a CD review a day while I'm unemployed, and when I get a job hopefully i can keep up with that.

I'm also going to put up info about upcoming shows. I'm going to try to keep it to just local shows because even though I'm close to Philly and NYC, there's just too much going on in those cities to keep track of. If there's a show in either of those places that I'm going to, you guys will know about it.

Tonight Mark Rooster (check out his horror blog at http://bentspine.blogspot.com/) and I are going to The M Room in Philly to see D.O.A. play their album "Hardcore '81" in it's entirety. I'm stoked about that, and it will be the first show I do a write up on, so keep an eye out for it tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers