Monday, June 21, 2010

CD a Day- F.o.D. "23" (1988)

Track Listing:
1. Geisha
2. 13 Years
3. You're Fucked
4. Abberation
5. Doors of Perception
6. Teen Beat
7. Going, Going, Gone
8. Love Song III
9. Brain Dead
10. Non-Stop Weekend
11. 40 oz. of Manhood
12. I Don't Know
13. All That You Need
14. This Beautiful Place
15. Out to Get You
16. Pop Goes the Weasel
17. Green Pepper Blues

Since I saw F.O.D. last week, I was determined to hear more of their music, and I was able to get my hands on their album "23". It's 17 tracks and a grand total of 39 minutes long. They released this album after their "Love Songs" EP and their first full length, "Shatter Your Day". These first three albums were released via their own imprint, Buy Our Records.

Most of the songs on this album are blindingly fast, especially those that are under a minute and a half long. I do have to say that some of songs don't jump out and grab me, and i would consider some to not be memorable at all. However, there are some great songs on this album. "You're Fucked" is a fun catchy song, and one of my favorites on the album. "Abberation" is the longest song on the album (over 5 minutes long). It's more melodic than the other songs on the album, but it is stil fast and fun to listen to. The only down side to this song is that the background vocals are high pitched and slightly annoying. "All That You Need" is another song that I really enjoy. Again, it's a catchy tune, and it's also on the longer side compared to some of the others. The album ends on an instrumental ("Green Pepper Blues") and I have no idea where it came from.

Overall, I think this album is worth listening to. It's going to take a couple more listens for me to decide if I like it or not. It's not something that I instantly fell in love with, but also not something that I instantly hated. The jury is still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers