Thursday, June 24, 2010

CD a Day- Rancor "1995-1996 Collection" (2009 Promo)

Track Listing:
1. I Won't Take Part
2. I'm the Dick Again
3. Long Lost Brother
4. Till the End
5. Tuff Guy Contest
6. Gametime
7. Drug free
8. Still Holding On
9. Stop
10. Positive Thinking
11. Piece of Mind
12. Where Did It Go
13. I Won't Take Part

Initially I had a hard time figuring out what to do for today's CD a day (which is part of the reason it's going up so late, not that anyone notices haha). I came across this promo collection of Allentown's Rancor here on blogspot (http://bloggedquartered.blogspot.com), and after hearing talk of them at various shows from Walt and Mark, I thought I would give them a listen. I'm not disappointed that I did by any stretch of the imagination. I've already listened to it 7 times since this afternoon, and like it more each time I hear it.

This advanced promo for their upcoming discography CD (to be released by Youngblood Records sometime this year) has their 1995 Demo, "I Won't Take Part", and their follow up 7", "Flip the Switch". It's 13 tracks, and it flows nicely. All of the tracks have a sound reminscent of earlier youth crew bands, but also have an identity of their own. Everything that I've heard about Rancor is true. They were a great band, and I'm very glad that I found this promo. I know this is a short one today, but deal with it. The CD kicks ass, and I'm not going to beat that point to death by saying it more ways than I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers