Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CD a Day- Down To Nothing "All My Sons" (2010)

Track Listing:
1. Number One
2. Set Sail
3. Gone for Summer
4. Undefeated
5. Pipeline
6. Monument

"All My Sons" is the newest release from Richmond, VA's Down To Nothing. This 6 track EP was released on April 6th by Reaper Records. I'm not very familiar with Down To Nothing (I've only heard their album "The Most" a few times), so I have no pre-concieved notions about them. At 10 minutes and 23 seconds it flies by. I've listened to it a few times, and each time it's gone by without anything really sticking out to me as memorable. I'm not saying that it's bad, there just isn't a song that grabbed me as being anything extraordinary. I do like it, but I wouldn't rank it as something that I would really have any need to listen to. In my honest opinion, this EP has a fairly generic sound. Maybe my opinion will change if I hear it more, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers