Sunday, September 26, 2010

Whut?/Unlearn/Animal Haus/Wisdom In Chains

Since the minute that I heard that this show was happening a couple months ago, I had been looking forward to it more than any other show I've gone to. When Friday night finally ended at I was at home, I was not disappointed at all.

The show started later than anticipated, but I was ok with that. Whut? came all the way from Chicago for this show, and at 7:30 there was virtually no one there. I was ok with waiting an hour so there were actually people there to see them. It was worth the wait. Whut?'s music is fast and thrashy. Their set was awesome, more people should have seen it.

Unlearn gets better every time I see them. Their cover of Blood For Blood's "All Fucked Up" was fucking killer. Chaos tore up it up on guitar as usual.

Animal Haus has gotten tighter since I saw them before. I'm still not really into the length of some of their songs, but they are talented and the crowd loves them.

I have to admit, I didn't catch Lifeless' set. There was a whole lot of time between the time Animal Haus finished and Lifeless went on, and by the time they did I just didn't have the urge to listen. I did hear most of their set from where I was standing outside, and I did enjoy it. My lack of interest had nothing to do with them, and everything to do with the fact that I was chomping at the bit for Wisdom In Chains to play.

What can I really say about Wisdom In Chains' set? They were fucking amazing. I've seen them more times than any other hardcore band, and this without a shadow of a doubt was the best show of theirs I've ever seen. It may not have been as flashy as or sounded as good as the Black 'n Blue Bowl, but I had so much fun. There was a small incident a few songs in to the set, but cooler heads prevailed and at Mad Joe's urging there was no more trouble. Seeing one of my absolute favorite bands that up close and personal was truly fucking amazing.

Overall, the crowd was a little lighter than it should have been, but it was a kick ass show. Walt and Bill Duke$ did a hell of a job with this one. Here's a link to the pictures Walt took during the show, and here's a link to Kate's photography page (the pictures she took aren't up yet, but they should be up shortly).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers