Monday, September 20, 2010

Terror "Keepers of the Faith" (2010)

Track Listing:
1. Your Enemies Are Mine
2. Stick Tight
3. Return to Strength
4. The Struggle
5. Shattered
6. You're Caught
7. Dead Wrong
8. Keepers of the Faith
9. Stay Free
10. Hell and Back
11. Only Death
12. New Blood
13. Defiant



When I finally committed fully to getting a record player, I knew the first new record that I wanted to buy was "Keepers of the Faith". To say that I was eager for this to arrive would be the understatement of the year. I've been chomping at the bit for the last week waiting it for it to finally arrive. Every day after I found out it was shipped I was running to the mailbox hoping that it would be the day it came so I could listen to it. Today it finally showed up.

The insert (which is more like a cd booklet than a record insert) has explanations of every song. Friends, loyalty, Hardcore, and following the path that you think is right are the common themes of the songs, and there isn't a single track o nthe album that I can't personally relate to in one form or another. "Your Enemies are Mine", "Stick Tight", "Keepers of the Faith", and "Hell and Back" are definitely the tracks that I think are the best. Lyrically the songs are phenominally written and the music is hard and driving. Start to finish it's an album that is more than worth listening to. It's far and away my favorite album of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers