Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Madball "The Real American Hardcore" 7" (2010)

Track Listing:
1) R.A.H.C.
2) All or Nothing

I know that the new Madball album "Empire" comes out in a few weeks. My new obsession with vinyl made it too difficult to pass up on ordering one of the limited pressings of "The Real American Hardcore", which is two songs off of "Empire". I'm glad I did.

The first time I listened to it, I thought the hook in "R.A.H.C." was a little cheesy (You want hardcore. Real hardcore. They say fuck hardcore, it's dead. You want hardcore. real deal hardcore. Well I'm sorry they say it's dead). After actually paying attention to the whole song and not just the chorus which sticks out more dramatically then the rest of it, it makes perfect sense. I'm not going to get into a whole philosophical discussion about hardcore not being dead, but if you're reading this blog and going to shows you know it isn't.

Both songs are well written and have that classic Madball style that I've come to love. I'm real glad that I ordered the 7", but I'm not glad that I have to wait two more weeks to hear the rest of the album. If you can still get your hands on it over at RevHQ or Reaper Records, I strongly recommend that you do. If not, get the full length when it comes out. Disappointment shouldn't even be on your radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers