Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Miseries "I AM WITHOUT ME" (2010)

I missed most of last Friday's show at the Burner's because I went to see Bob Dylan, which is why there wasn't a write up of the show. Luckily, the first 3 bands (the one's I missed) were giving out their Demos/EPs for free, so I picked them up. I'm going to start with New Miseries today since they were the first band to play. Plus, since they're from Stroudsburg, they're pretty local.

Track Listing:

1) (11:11)
2) Black & Blue
3) Rain
4) Deathbeds






I'm going to start off by saying that according to their facebook page , they're a melodic hardcore band. I don't really see that. The first track is very melodic, but it's an intro track with no vocals. Musically the rest of the tracks are fairly melodic, but not what I typically think of when the words "melodic hardcore" are used. That being said, this is a fantastic demo. The recording quality is great. Everything fits well together. The guitars feed off the drums and bass and vice versa. The aggressive vocals mesh well with everything else. It's most definitely a demo worth listening to, and they have a show in Tobyhanna this Friday that if you can make it to, you should. I don't regret going to see Bob Dylan, but I do regret missing New Miseries set. Click on the mediafire link (posted by the band on their facebook) to download the demo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers