Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Madball "Empire" (2010)

Track Listing:
1. Invigorate
2. Danger Zone
3. Timeless
4. All of Nothing
5. Glory Years
6. Empire
7. Shatterproof
8. The End
9. Con Fuerza
10. R.A.H.C.
11. Hurt You
12. "Tough Guy"
13. Dark Horse
14. Spider's Web
15. Delete
16. Rebel4Life18


When I found out about this record, I got excited. Madball is definitely one of my favorite hardcore bands, and I enjoyed the two tracks from "Empire" that I got on "The Real American HC" 7 inch. I have literally listened to this CD 7 times since I bought it this afternoon.

It's everything you expect from a Madball record. It's fast, it's heavy, and it's filled with the raw emotion that I've come to expect. There isn't a bad song on this CD. The only thing that irks me a little bit is that during the chorus of "The End" the vocals sound a little funny to me. It's nothing that takes away from the enjoyment of the song, and at this point is not nearly as noticeable as it was the first few times I listened to the CD. This is absofuckinglutely an album that's worth buying and listening to. Start to finish it flows nicely, and each song feeds off the one before it. Even with how much I loved Terror's "Keeper's of the Faith", I think I like this more. I just wish it came on vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers